Miles Against Melanoma is a national organization that began in 2010. Our mission is to provide the public with education regarding the extreme damaging effects of the sun and tanning devices. Through MAM’s mission, we provide funding for awareness, education, advocacy and research for skin cancer, melanoma and cancers related to melanoma.
* To increase awareness of malignant melanoma and skin cancer through education, advocacy and research
* To advocate for detection and to obtain skin examinations. We help people find dermatologists in their area as well.
* To ease the burden and to provide support for melanoma patients, caregivers and medical professionals through financial aid
* To create a national association to aid in providing support to those with melanoma
* To ultimately find a cure for melanoma
Our goal is to spread to every city in the United States to change the mindset of Americans and bring about community awareness in every state!
Miles Against Melanoma has several events slated for 2014. As such, we have set a fundraising goal of $100,000 to donate to organization. We are also looking to increase our national presence by 10%.